Thursday, January 29, 2009

Past, More Past and Present!

I'm going to try to get all Caught up and also get current... so here's a little about November (old) and the beginning of January!

Past...
BREONI GETS HER CHRISTMAS WISH!
January 2, 2009
Jerry bought me some wonderful earrings for Christmas (more to come about the Holidays!) and every day Breoni would say "I want earrings like mommy." I would then go through that it would hurt, I would pinch on her ears to give her a little taste of what it would feel like. It didn't seem to deter her in any way. On Friday, Jan. 2 the first words out of her mouth were "Do I get earrings today?". So, Jerry called the 'GEM SMITH' and asked Blaine if he could pierce Breoni's ears. He, of course, could! So, we headed over. Breoni was so excited! We picked out some 'white gold' studs. Blaine was darling with her. He explained the whole process to her, showed her all of the tools, etc. and lastly, said "Do you still want earrings?". Breoni was sure! She only cried for about 30 seconds and was then just proud as a peach to have her very own earrings. She has been a gem about allowing me to clean them and even rotates her own earrings!



Hopefully, this is a sign that Breoni will actually want to 'potty train'! She has started crawling up on the changing area when she wants her diaper changed. We have had some great successes and some great failures! More to come about this in the 'THANKSGIVING WEEKEND" post! I included this hear because this occurred right after she had her ears done!
Perhaps it was more painful than we thought... 'scared the 'pee' right out of her!'.

More Past...

FAMILY FUN!
November 18, 2008
Just a little taste of what a 'normal' evening around the Martin's looks like...

Breoni just loves watching DANCING WITH THE STARS! She gets up and starts dancing and requires me to 'get up mommy' and 'dip mommy'! Kyrie watches Breoni like a hawk and wants to do everything that Breoni is doing. This isn't my most exciting video ever... but, well, I'm just a bit behind so... simple will have to do! Notice the never ending laundry that seems to exist in the living room. Jerry has really been a big help with the laundry lately! Thanks Jerry!!!


Present...

A New Tradition Continues!
January 25, 2009

The "Last Sunday of the Month" gathering with Trevor and LA! Sierra joined us this time and we had a wonderful dinner. Jerry and Trevor enjoying watching the JAZZ game (I think?? Sometimes it sounds more frustrating to them than enjoyable??) Kyrie was entertaining us with her first 'hard cookie'. She quite enjoyed getting messy and feeling like a 'big girl'.


Making Funny Faces!

Present...
A New Tradition Continues!

January 25, 2009

Two pretty 'casual' kids... don't mind that DADDY is playing with his food! Kyrie and Breoni found Daddy pretty cool when he started demonstrating the various ways a pancake can entertain!


1 comment:

Lauren + Joey said...

It was so good to see you, too! I'm so glad we stopped by and were able to catch you!

Your girls are so cute! I love the Dancing with the Stars video. :) Your posts are so cute and fun to read!

Much love, Lauren