Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Waiting for clearance to leave the STATE!

Thursday, June 12th
We all slept as long as we could. The SUN came out for the first time since we had been here so we spent a lot of time outside in the morning walking around and playing on the amazing play set that the McMullin's have. Their home was very 'kid' friendly. Kyrie did a lot of sleeping! I made dinner for Rebecca and her kids for being so helpful with Breoni! Basically, we had an incredibly FUN, RELAXING and STRESS-FREE day! I was so grateful for a day not spent in the truck... the sun... the McMullin Family for their hospitality... my girls... and all the many blessing that have come to me which have made it possible for me to be a mother.


Friday, June 13th
We travelled into Everett to pick up Kristi. We went to McDonalds for lunch...the play area is a big draw for me! We have eaten WAY TOO MUCH at fast food restaurants during this trip. I will be glad to get back to eat healthy food again! After lunch, we had to go to a doctor's appointment for Kyrie. She was doing WONDERFULLY! The doctor was very cool... he let Breoni listen to her own heart and lungs. Breoni was all over the place in the doctor's office. Then we went back to Kristi's house to visit for a bit. Paul came over. Paul is Kristi's boyfriend (but not Kyrie's father). We decided that we wanted to go to Mexican food for dinner. We went to a really good place. Breoni was getting pretty "DONE" for the day, but we were still able to have some really good adult conversations. Then, the 'girls' all headed back to VASHON island. We settled in for bed.

Saturday, June 14th
We all got up had breakfast and went for a long walk. It ended up being quite a bit longer than we anticipated because none of the streets (dirt roads) circle around. Kristi took a ton of pictures, but I forgot my camera. I did get some really cute pictures of Kristi with the girls in the daisies! Then, we loaded up to go get Jerry from the airport. Then, we headed into Renton for Jerry to sign the papers. We called this the 'real' placement. Kyrie looked beautiful. And, I made a major blunder. I left all the formula and bottles on the island! So, I had to 'run' to the store. I was told that it was "right across the street" so I went on foot. Across the street was actually quite a ways.... so Kyrie was pretty MAD... and everyone was getting concerned by the time I got back... but she ate and was all good. Good thing she won't remember that!!!! Seeing as we were at LDSFS's office, I was very self-conscious about how the caseworker was feeling aobut my parenting skills. Guess I didn't make too bad of an impression!


Then, we headed into Everett again. We took Kristi to dinner at the Olive Garden (another tradition we have with her!) and gave her some fun gifts... A willow tree box with two charm bracelets... one for each angel she placed with us. Lastly, we went back to her home to say our final goodbye's for this trip. We ended up missing the ferry AGAIN... by just a few minutes. We got back after 1:00am... it was OUTRAGEOUS!

Sunday, June 15th
WE ALL SLEPT IN! Then, started packing up to go. I was very ready to start heading towards home. But, first, we went to FATHER'S DAY dinner at Rebecca's home. It was an amazing dinner! After, we got all loaded up... after several moments of "I can't find...".

The McMullin's Home and our Truck in their driveway.
It was truly like living in the woods.
Peaceful, beautiful and serene.


We stopped at the ocean and got some drift wood to load onto the 'empty' trailer we would be pulling home and started on our way! We made it to YAKIMA, WASHINGTON. We stayed at a Fairfield in with a pool. We ordered pizza from Domino's, which gave Jerry and I BAD heartburn. I woke up in middle of the night and had to go out to the truck to fetch the MYLANTA. Interesting reason for carrying mylanta.... the most amazing remedy for 'diaper rash'....

STEP 1: Mylanta (allow to dry as much as possible)
STEP 2: Aquaphor (you could just use Vasaline)
Aquaphor is also the most amazing stuff... for anything to do with skin... dryness, injuries... anything!
STEP 3: Corn Starch (be generous!) And, either the 'cooking kind' or pure corn starch powder
It is truly amazing how quickly this 'process' heals a diaper rash.
Useful divergence.......

Monday, June 16th
Breoni and Kyrie are both troopers. We got up... ate breakfast... and started to get ready to go, when... again.... I couldn't find something! MY PHONE! We spent quite a while trying to find it and also getting a bit anxious about the fact that we didn't have clearance yet! So, we only were able to drive to the last town in Washington... KENNEWICK. Breoni ate almost an entire bag of Cheeto's (I can't believe I allowed this, but by this time...the 19th day...in the trip...I was really at the whatever it takes to keep you happy in the truck mode).

We found another Fairfield Inn (trying to support my brother who works for Marriot!). We tried to take a nap, but the only person who actually got(took) one was Jerry.



Then, we went to dinner at RED LOBSTER. We ate in shifts since Breoni wasn't about to sit still anymore. We came back and got ready for bed... hoping and praying that we would get clearance tomorrow!

Tuesday, June 18th
Again...we got up and ate breakfast. I was REALLY starting to want to be home. And, we hadn't gotten any information yet. Jerry and I were trying to decide what to do... since we didn't really have anywhere to go, but we didn't want to pay for another night if we didn't need it. We were both getting frustrated. Jerry went down to get a 'trolley' for our stuff and to talk with the front desk some more. Just as he got back, I got a call from Mark at LDSFS... WE HAD CLEARANCE! We were loaded and out of there in 20 minutes... we stopped at the gas station... got gas(incredible how expensive it is now!) and some treats and were on our way! Literally, we were on the freeway in about 30 minutes from getting the phone call. We drove all day! Both girls were STELLAR. They must have sensed that we were home bound. Breoni was patient and cooperative... as was Kyrie! We got home about 8:30! YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: