Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to WORK!

Yesterday was really tough for me. It was hard getting up at 5:00...but it was heartbreaking to leave Breoni crying at the Child Care Center. She was so confused. I was a mess. I cried with my back to the wall outside the door of the center... and continued all the way to work. For the first two hours whenever anyone asked about how they were... I cried! Luckily there are LOTS of understanding mothers on staff. Breoni was crying when I returned and she didn't eat all day. It was almost more than I could take. Kyrie did well, except she barely slept. So, I got Breoni down by 8:30 last night. And, Kyrie...well, I finally woke her up at 9:00pm to feed her. She slept until 3:00am. So, 5:00am came really early for me this morning....

BUT, it was a much better day. It was still a hard good-bye but the teachers said, she recovered really fast today. And, once they figured out that Breoni didn't want to sit in a high chair to eat (which she hasn't done for MONTHS!), she ate TONS! She took a good nap and was playing happily when I arrived. Kyrie had a good day. She didn't sleep much again. But, tonight I kept her alert until about 7:30. I'm hoping she will sleep through the night!

UGH.... it would be so nice to be able to just be a stay-at-home-mom. And, I'll tell you what... with two little ones.... it is WAY more difficult that teaching 30 kids MATH for 90 minutes three times a day and everything else that being a teacher requires.

Gotta squeeze in a treadmill session before 10:00!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be strong. Always remember that your girls know that you love them to their core. Know that I wish you were my kids high school math teacher.

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Thinking about you this coming week! Hang in there! I will stop by and see you soon. I cannot get over Breoni's hair - I love it!!! You are an amazing mother and teacher - know that you can do both well!! Hang in there!

lovejoy said...

How tough! You are such a good mom to your girls; they are very lucky to have a mom who loves them so much. You are such a strong woman, and I admire you greatly, Tara.