I got up early to get everything ready for the day. Breoni was going to stay with Rebecca on Vashon island. I had lots to gather for her. I tried to carry her over without waking her up... I did great until I tried to lay her down and her hand was caught in my jacket.
So, it was a bit of a 'difficult' exit. Probably more so for me that for her. Then, I started off on the journey to the ferry and through Seattle traffic. I made fairly good time. I got to the hospital without any challenges and found a 'free' parking space. Kyrie got her first pictures taken and Kristi and I also had some taken with her. (We just got those pictures yesterday... so basically it took forever since I'm updating this on July 28th). Then we waited for Mark (from LDSFS) to come so we could sign all the papers. We (Kristi, Kyrie, Paul (Kristi's new boyfriend), Mark and I) ended up leaving around 2:30.
Sarah, Kristi and I went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Then, Kristi and I tried to get her charms ordered but the store was no longer in the mall close to her house. Kristi and I spent a lot of time talking during the day. I find her to be such and intricate and amazing young woman. I hope and pray everyday that her dreams will come true.I'll never forget what it felt like to drive away from Krisit's house that day....just me and Kryie... knowing that Kristi was home with just her sister. I was so worried about her. I think I cried until I got to the mall where I was able to order the charms for Kristi and also get another present for her and a Father's Day gift for Jerry. I also had to go to Target to get formula for Kyrie and some other things. I ended up missing the ferry by three cars and had to wait for almost an hour for another ferry. I didn't end up picking up Breoni until almost 10:00pm. I was so incredibly grateful to Rebecca for helping out that day. I will forever be grateful to her and her kids for loving my angel all day! Breoni had a wonderful time playing with them and all their fun toys!
Breoni was very loving towards her new sister... and we all ended up being awake very late... and when we did fall asleep... I had two incredibly precious little girls cuddled up next to me... all night long.
Kyrie slept all night that first night... just like Breoni did almost two years ago.


1 comment:
How incredible!! I'm so happy for you. What beautiful little girls!!!
Post a Comment