Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's time to LET THE SKINNEY OUT!

I've started a new 'get fit' program. I'm going to be 40 in November. YIKES! And, I really want to be able to have the energy and health necessary to be an 'approaching 60' mom who can keep up with her teenages (within reason!).

I am really dedicated to this. I decided (after a fair amount of looking around) that MD DIET OF UTAH would be the best for me. http://makemefeelbetter.net/ Check out their site if you are interested!

I realize that there are many factors to my current health situation, but one thing I know for sure... is that I have the best reasons in the world for making this happen... BREONI AND KYRIE.

I started on Tuesday, July 29. I won't publish what I weighed....but it is TOO MUCH! On Tuesday we had a class from a nutritionist. It was incredibly informative.

KEY POINTS:
Carbonation causes BELLY FAT! So, if you want to get rid of your 'gut' get rid of SODA! She used this example:
BEER BELLY... what do SODA and BEER have in common? CARBONATION!

HIGH FRUTOSE CORN SYRUP is not what you think it is... it is a CHEMICAL that companies add to their products to make them 'addictive'. Prior to this chemical being approved by the FDA their was no such thing as TYPE 2 DIABETES. HMMMM! BAD BAD STUFF!

If you want to loose weight (and maintain the loss permanently!) you must consume 75% proteins to 25% carbs!

The liver is responsible for removing toxins(all the chemicals in our food) and metabolizing fat. When your liver is stressed, it chooses toxins since those with kill you and excess fat will not. Healthy weight requires a healthy liver, a healthy liver requires vitamin B!

I'm currently pretty "jazzed" about all this. Hopefully, by the end of the year I will be to my goal weight and then... maybe, I'll put a BEFORE and AFTER photo up! I go to the clinic weekly to get vitamin B injections since oral vitamin B is not really that helpful since the acid in your stomach destroys it before it can be fully absorbed. I have also visited my family doctor who is supporting me in this and ordering the necessary blood tests (thyroid for now!).

I went in on Wednesday morning to meet personally with the nutritionist and a nurse practioner. They review you 'body' test which was taken your first day to tell you your percent body mass to body fat. Then, they show you what your body requires to loose weight and recommended exercise plans. The nurse helps decide on what diet medications will help you get started.

Until I go back on Wednesday, I am eating in a way that will "FLIP" my metabolism, which generally teaches your body that you are going to take care of it. I was unaware that not only is BREAKFAST the most important meal of the day, but what you EAT as breakfast is also very important... START THE DAY WITH PROTEIN!

Jerry decided to 'cold turkey' his COKE drinking. He is going through a serious 'withdrawl'. Now, if that doesn't tell you something about COKE... also BAD BAD STUFF!

I hope that I can maintain the excitement and dedication I have right now to the end of the loss period and through the two years of maintenance. They say if you keep the weight off for two years you likely have truly trained yourself so you won't gain the weight back! Just think... I could be in the best health of my life at 40!

5 comments:

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Tara! Congratulations on Kyrie and sorry I haven't said so sooner. We have been out of town for a month and head home next week. We should get together - plus, I have a gift for you!
Christa

Anonymous said...

I am on this same road trying to get my over all numbers down or up as the case may be. I have always been a breakfast eater. But oatmeal with flax is my morning routine and making sure I have a smallsnack around 10:30 and 3:30 has helped. You go girl!

Jenn said...

Tara - First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your newest addition! She is beautiful. Secondly, Breoni is growing up so quickly and is just as beautiful.... Third, I am so proud of you! Whatever I can do to help you stay on track and remain motivated, you let me know! I will be there for you all the way! Hugs, Jenn

Unknown said...

You have always been a great role model for me. A wonderful Mom, a delightful and fun wife an outstanding educator!

The MD Diet is a terrific program. My little sister has lost 72 lbs. on it since Oct. and is at her goal weight. My older sister has been on it since March and has lost 42 lbs. She is extremely happy and they both feel and look terrific. I will be starting this diet within the month and have been to the first meetings that make so much sense. I started this once for two weeks and lost 13 lbs. Life got very hectic and I went off of it, but I am going back. You can do it. I am very proud of you!

Love,

Becky

www.nicolemadison.com said...

Tara,
Congratulations on all of the new endeavor's in your life! It is wonderful to hear about you and your family! Thank you so much for sharing!

I am cheering you on!! If you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask!!!

love,
Nicole