Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A girls weekend out in ST. GEORGE!

November 7-9, 2008

My parents are FINALLY moving back to UTAH! They have decided to relocate to ST. GEORGE! My mom arrived on Friday morning (7th) and spent the day watching the girls. I picked Sierra up on my way home from school. Then, we went home and had a few 'gliches' in leaving on time... Like I am a 'duh' brain. I had everything loaded and started looking for the 'center' seat belt for Sierra (who was going to have a 'fun' ride squished between two car seats in the Subaru! which isn't really a roomy vehicle... I love it when it is just me and the girls and wish I would have gotten a roomier vehicle when we are more than three!) and I couldn't find it. I really thought I had 'taken it out' and looked and looked. I even went to the dealer and the 'nice' gentleman informed me that the belt comes from the ceiling and had been there all along. BOY! Did I feel like the 'ditzy woman'!

We stopped in Draper to get some food... and made great time on the drive to AURORA! We had a wonderful evening at the Sorensen's. Sierra and Savannah slept (maybe?) outside in their trailer! We got up on Saturday morning to a great breakfast and headed for St. George.

We had a great lunch from a 'bunch' of different places at the mall, followed by ice cream. Then, we all jumped in Linda's vehicle (which is Very ROOMY... it is one of those cross-over things that is a mix of SUV and Mini Van). We drove out to the 'site' for my parents new home. It is in the most amazing place. The scenery is stellar. We walked through several homes... even one that was being lived in! We were being aggressive about talking to anyone outside and not shy about asking if we could see their homes. We also drove through some other neighborhoods.

We headed back to the hotel for dinner and a FUN! FUN! time in the swimming pool. We had the best room... it had two queens in one room and a king in the other... all for $149!

Our biggest 'adventure' was the fire alarms going off in the middle of the night. I was just a bit concerned about the fact that ALL the kids slept right through it... doesn't do much for your 'paranoid' mother syndrome.

We went to IHOP for breakfast and then took a detour to the MALL for Sierra and Savannah to shop at 'areopostle'. I guess it is all the RAGE! Then, more touring for homes. We headed for home around 3:00!

I didn't take any pictures... I had it when I do that! So the only evidence we have of the evening is our 'attempt' at the 'picture booth'. It is harder than you think to get 3 adults, 2 tweens, a toddler and an infant in that booth!

We had a BLAST!

No comments: