Sunday, February 22, 2009

She is LEGAL!

December 15, 2008
We finalized Kyrie's adoption!!!
We have to appear before the Judge to legalize Kyrie being a part of our family. It is a pretty interesting process. Our lawyer has documents to present. Then, our caseworker has to verify that we have met the requirements to be 'good' parents. Both Jerry and I are required to answer some questions from both our lawyer and the judge.
It is a very strange (but wonderful) feeling to sit before a Judge and tell him why you feel you are going to be a good parent. How do you explain the love you feel for a child and how she has changed your life? I, of course, get very teary.
It was nice to be able to continue working with Amber and Mr. Murphy, who both were a part of Breoni's finalization and adoption process.
And, no words will ever be enough, to explain the support that "Uncle" Stan provides. Thanks for being there Stan. And, thanks for showing your love in so many ways.
Lastly, I would be amiss not to mention how grateful we are to our birthmother (you are an angel!) and her family for all that they have sacrificed so that we can be a family. We LOVE you!


Michael Murphy (Our Laywer), Jerry, Kyrie, Tara, Amber, Breoni, (Our Caseworker), Uncle Stan

Kyrie was sound asleep until the judge entered the courtroom.
She seemed to sense something important was about to take place.
There were a couple of other adoptions being finalized in addition to ours.
Brenoi and this darling little girl became 'quick' friends while playing in the hall while we were waiting.
Our 'official' family with the Judge.
He was very impressed with both Breoni and Kyrie.

P.S. I will be posting the sealing and blessing soon. I want to get the digital images from my mom before I post the blessing and sealing!



3 comments:

Linda said...

You are all so special to me... I hope I can be a good example and someone your girls can lean on... They are such bright and beautiful girls! I love you all so much!

Christine said...

I love you soo much tara! I think you and jerry are so amazing and I couldnt have asked for better parents for Breoni and Kyrie! I love you al soooo much and look forward to seeing you in the summer :)

lovejoy said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!!! We love you guys! Your girls are precious angels!